Author: Larissa Reinhart
Narrator: Joan Dukore
Length: 10 hours 26 minutes
Released: May 28, 2020
Genre: Mystery; Amateur Detective
She played a detective on TV, but now that her life depends on it, can Maizie Albright play a detective for real?
For fans of romantic comedy mysteries like Meg Cabot’s Size 12 Is Not Fat and Stephanie Bond’s Body Movers, The Wall Street Journal best-selling author Larissa Reinhart brings her listeners the first in the Maizie Albright Star Detective series, Hot Mystery Reviews’ “Top 10 Mysteries for Book Clubs”.
”Child star and hilarious hot mess Maizie Albright trades Hollywood for the backwoods of Georgia and pure delight ensues. Maizie’s my new favorite escape from reality.” (Gretchen Archer, USA Today best-selling author of the Davis Way Crime Caper series)
Three Teen Choice Awards, one Emmy nomination, and several Maxim covers later, Maizie Albright was an ex-teen star, stuck in reality show hell, and standing before a California judge. She has one chance for a new life: return home to Black Pine, Georgia, and get a job that has nothing to do with show business. So why not become a private detective – the person she played during the happiest days of her life?
First: She’s got 10 days to get and keep the job.
Second: She has to convince the only private investigator in town to hire her.
Third: She lost the client’s wife on the first day. (And the woman may be dead…)
Fourth: She just might be falling in love with her new boss. And she just might have lost him his business.
But what has she got to lose, other than imprisonment, her dignity, and possibly, her life?
Start the Wall Street Journal best-selling series and download 15 Minutes today!
“Sassy, sexy, and fun, 15 Minutes is hours of enjoyment.” (Phoebe Fox, author of the Breakup Doctor series)
The Wall Street Journal bestselling author Larissa Reinhart writes the award-winning Cherry Tucker Mystery, Maizie Albright Star Detective, and Finley Goodhart Crime Caper series. She loves to tell funny stories about women, looking for love (and sometimes dead bodies) in all the wrong places.
Larissa, her family, and Cairn Terrier, Biscuit, lived in Nagoya, Japan, but have returned to Peachtree City, Georgia. You can see them on HGTV’s House Hunters International “Living for the Weekend in Nagoya” episode. Larissa loves books, food, and traveling with her family. You can often see her adventures on Instagram (and her little dog, too).
Visit Larissa’s website to join her VIP Readers email group and get the free prequel to The Cupid Caper plus other exclusive bonus content! http://www.larissareinhart.com
Born in Honolulu, HI, Joan DuKore began her performing career as a ballet dancer, and attended Virginia School of the Arts to continue her education. Her hobby of magic later became her profession, and she continues to perform in Las Vegas and around the world. Her love of reading eventually led to voice acting. She has produced over 30 audiobooks in numerous genres such as thrillers, romances, memoirs, mysteries and fantasies. She loves locking herself in her booth and living in the worlds that authors create.
The Maizie Albright Star Detective Playlist
by Larissa Reinhart
If I was going to describe Maizie Albright, my heroine from 15 MINUTES, I’d use the show tune “Cockeyed Optimist” from South Pacific. Maizie’s bubbly and optimistic, but slightly naive. To me, she’s happy pop music that seeks to uplift the listener. I added a few edgier songs as reminders of the demons from her past that landed her in the mess she finds herself in at the beginning of 15 MINUTES. But overall, like Maizie, her song list portrays a bright outlook toward her life makeover from celebrity to private investigator.
Also included in the list are songs that remind me of her boss and love interest, Wyatt Nash. The private investigator and owner of Nash Security Solutions seems as hard and intimidating as his muscled body and the wicked little scar on his chin, but Maizie sees beneath the gruff exterior to the heart of a man who seeks to help those who need protection. His songs are a bit grittier, hint at his true feelings toward Maizie, and mainly represent his wardrobe which consists of heavy metal and classic rock concert t-shirts.
I hope you enjoy the list and give it a listen!
Find the playlist on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2UB6cBN
- “Cockeyed Optimist” sung by Nancy Sinatra
- “WHEN I WAS OLDER” by Billie Eilish
- “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey
- “Howling At Nothing” by Nathanial Ratcliff & The Night Sweats
- “Rich Girl” by Daryl Hall & John Oates
- “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & The Waves
- “Don’t Worry Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin
- “Don’t Dream It’s Over” by Crowded House
- “Haven’t Met You Yet” by Michael Buble
- “Mr. Blue Sky” by Electric Light Orchestra
- “Brave” by Sara Bareilles
- “I Want You To Want Me” by Cheap Trick
- “Fine By Me” by Andy Grammer
- “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
- “More Than a Feeling” by Boston
- “Hello” by Adele
- “Don’t Give Up On Me” by Andy Grammer
- “Who Do You Love?” by George Thorogood & The Destroyers
- “Tongue Tied” by Take Me To Your Best Friends House
- “Good as Hell” by Lizzo
- “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap” by AC/DC
- “Jesus In LA” by Alec Benjamin
- “Sunday Best” by Surfaces
- “Life in the Fast Lane” by the Eagles
- “Every Girl” by Turnpike Troubadours
- “Sweet Emotion” by Aerosmith
- “Barracuda” by Heart
- “Believer” by Imagine Dragons
- “American Honey” by Lady A
- “Going to California” by Led Zepplin
- “Good to Be Alive (Hallelujah)” by Andy Grammer
- “Rehab” by Amy Winehouse
- “Whatever It Takes” by Imagine Dragons
- “High Hopes” by Panic! At The Disco
- “Stressed Out” by twenty one pilots
- “Keep Going” by The Revivalists
- “Let It Be” by The Beatles
- “Don’t Bring Me Down” by Electric Light Orchestra
- “Something So Strong” by Crowded House
- “Count on Me” by Bruno Mars
- “Keep Your Head Up” by Andy Grammer
- “Burnin’ For You” by Blue Oyster Cult
Thanks for allowing me to share my playlist. I hope you enjoyed it!
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.
Sign up as a tour host here.